Custom Search

About Me

My photo
Hi my name is Richard Gowens,I am a single man who loves to fish,hunt and spend time outdoors.Just about the only thing that comes between me and fishing and hunting is work and family.(sometimes work loses) I have two sons and one daughter who have blessed me with five grandaughters and four grandsons. LETS GO FISHING

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lake Lavon











Lately we've been having some fair fishing on lake Lavon. Not what we're looking for but much better than not fishing.

Weve got our sites set on catching the lake record blue cat with rod and reel on Lavon. Not sure what the actual record is but I'm pretty sure it's 60 + pounds.

The first three times we went out it rained on us the whole time we were out. that's ok we caught fish and were on the water having fun.

We went out last night and stayed dry the whole time. Caught 8 blue catfish and 2 channel catfish. The largest was a 10 pound blue catfish caught by my brother Ron.

Our odds of catching the record blue catfish are not the best since this is our first season on lake Lavon and there are alot of guys fishing Lavon that have been on that lake for years and know it alot better than we do.You just never know.

Richard Gowens

1 comment:

  1. Nice catch. Keep at it. You never know when that next lake record is around the corner!

    ReplyDelete